My child is 12 I'm now told he needs 4 teeth extracted. Is there an alternative?

With HealthyStart™ Straight Teeth No Braces Forums Let’s Talk My child is 12 I'm now told he needs 4 teeth extracted. Is there an alternative?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Healthy Start 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Healthy Start
    Keymaster

It is difficult at this point to know how your child’s dentition looks and that is why it is important to have a Healthy Start Provider to evaluate your case. The most important message to parents is to start as early as possible. Many situations like yours can be prevented by expanding the arches early on and provide the necessary room for the incoming permanent teeth to erupt into mouth straight. Once the permanent teeth erupt and there is not enough room that is when crowding and crooked teeth can occur. Then the case becomes much more complicated and there is less growth available to expand the arches and accommodate the permanent dentition. The clock is ticking and time is not your friend in guiding, straightening, and correcting habits, sleep issues, and straightening your teeth.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.